Thursday 29 June 2017

Today had another early start, with my alarm going off at 4.45. Cry. We got dressed (Dazi had to put my saree on for me) and began the 1km walk to the temple. It was a struggle to walk in my saree as I could hardly move my legs! We walked around and then found a spot to sit to watch the sunrise, where we stayed, taking selfies with locals and taking photos. Eventually we headed back, this time opting for a tuk tuk as I was already boiling and tired. We got back to the hostel around 7.30 and slept for a few hours.

When we woke up we decided to go out for some lunch, and other people at the hostel were up for it too. We headed out and went to a really nice restaurant where we shared a few curries and different breads. They were delicious! Afterwards we were dropped off at a fabric shop and bought a variety of things.






We got back to the hostel about 3 and packed up our stuff, before going to a tour of a local village at 4. It was so much fun; we made pakora, milked a cow, learned how to put on a turban, rode a bull cart and played an Indian sport. We were all very tired, muddy and sweaty as we boarded the tuk tuk back to the hostel.  After collecting our stuff we got a tuk tuk to the night bus, leaving sam who wanted to stay another night. The bus left just after 10 and was air conditioned but tbh night buses are never fun. I was very sad to be leaving Amritsar!

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)