Wednesday 21 June 2017

Day in delhi

Today new volunteers started arriving, and at about 9.30 the guy who runs the project asked if I wanted to go into delhi because a new girl wanted to. I had plans to go with some other volunteers so we agreed to go at about 11, which ended up being 12 because the new girls needed to exchange some money. I went over to the orphanage to spend some time with the boys. We played a bit of football and they did their homework and it was nice. They're going to video call one of the longterm volunteers who's been lots of times and they're really excited.

At 12, 9 of us set off in a tuk tuk to the metro station, and we got the metro to a big market. It was £1 to enter and a pretty fancy market. We had a quick browse, got some free water and then got some lunch. I had a Dahl and roti for about £1.50. We continued browsing and I picked up some souvenirs and gifts. We started to get really hot, as it was about 3.30pm and over 36°c, and soon we got a tuk tuk to another market nearby. This was more local and less touristy, and I got a top for £1 and two of the other girls got sarees for about £5.






After browsing for a while we got a tuk tuk back to the metro station and came back to the volunteer house, at about 6.15pm. I had dinner pretty soon but no one came up to eat when I did it. I'd used up all my rupees so I walked into town to get cash. Annoyingly the ATM wasn't working so I had to go to another one. When I got back I skyped family, and then went upstairs to meet the new volunteers who were having breakfast.

I then went back down to my room and met the new girl in it. She's really nice and we were just chatting and then showered, and then the project coordinator came to tell us that people were sat drinking on the roof if we wanted to join. We went over and sat with them for a few hours which was really nice, before coming back to go to bed.

Laura x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)