Tuesday 26 April 2016

Our last day in Penang :( I'm always so sad to leave places because there's a chance I'll never get to go back but hey hopefully I will! It was molly's birthday! We always sleep in so no surprise there and went out for breakfast at the egg place. It's less than £1 for a large breakfast and drink, amaaaazing. Afterwards we got the free bus to a big shopping mall and wandered round. Lauren bought some shorts and then we got lunch. The others got McDonald's but I felt I needed something vaguely healthy so I had a subway (you know your eating habits are bad when that's your idea of healthy...).





After this we went up to the cinema inside the shopping centre. There were only a few things on but we decided to see The Huntsman which was actually really good. Tickets were less than £3 as well which was a bargain. Only issue was that the cinema was freezing, and it's so hot outside we just went from one extreme to another. After that we wandered round a bit more and then got the bus back. We'd seen a sign outside a cafe saying that it was a cat cafe so went to investigate. We were not disappointed. It was a cafe with a separate area with 6 cats in it. They were so cute though did spend a solid 95% of our time there asleep, but when they were awake it was definitely worth it. I always ignore my allergy to cats though which is not actually a good solution to it and my skin was soooo itchy while we were in there but the cats were so cute it was worth it.





Next we went back to the hostel and asked where Balan recommended for dinner. We went to a restaurant down the road and the others had curry and i had byriani which he recommended. The food was sooo good. Then we got a milkshake and went back to our room. We started packing up our stuff in preparation for leaving in the morning. Also today Balan's wife and 2 children were home as they'd been away for a few days and they were so sweet! He has a 2 year old girl and a 4 year old boy and they were so tiny and cute. I went to brush my teeth and came back to find the little girl peering into the doorway where the others couldn't see her, and she wandered into the room to look at herself in our mirror. She got very excited by my hairbrush and started brushing my hair and then climbed onto my bed to play with my phone. Pretty soon her brother found her and joined in, showing us some kind of martial arts routine. It was so cute and funny and it was like we were running a creche. Their mum was desperately trying to get them to leave (though we were enjoying it!) and getting them to say good night to us and eventually they did go off to sleep. We'd bought Balan a card to thank him and some stickers for his children so it was nice to meet them, especially as he got them to call us 'aunty laura' etc which was so funny.

We went to sleep pretty soon after in preparation for a 6.30 wake up, a solid 4 hours earlier than we're used to.

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)