Monday 20 June 2016

My time in India has come to an end:( I'm so happy that I was able to visit and that everything went smoothly! I had such a great time here I am already planning my return. I intended to have a lie in after a series of early starts and with the prospect of an over night flight, but one of the maids was cleaning my room early, which was fine as I wasn't tired. I showered and started packing; considering I had no checked in baggage when I arrived it's pretty funny that I've now filled a large bag. Oops! I had some food and then Daniela and I walked down to the market at 11ish. I needed to get some cash out and then we got a juice and looked in some shops. I bought some henna and nail varnish to take back with me (came to a whopping 60p lol) and then we walked back. It was boiling!!

New volunteers arrive today and we met them and had some lunch, then I finished off my packing and the cook and maid helped me put my sari on. They're all so sweet I'll miss them a lot:( At 2.30 ish Daniela and I went over to the orphanage where I spent the afternoon playing with the children and talking. My fav (I love them all but he's particularly cute) made me the sweetest card. I bought some samosas and biscuits for them to have- I wanted to give them something more useful like clothes but couldn't find any. They seemed pretty happy with their samosas though! And then we took a group photo.

I went back to the house about 5 and had a very quick shower as my driver arrived at 5.15! Most people get a taxi to the airport which is about £12 but as my flight isn't until 11pm I decided to get the metro. It didn't take long and wasn't complicated (thank God!). I just kept thinking how sad I was to leave!!

I had a massive problem checking in and had to speak to like 4 different people at opposite sides of the airport but eventually made it in and got through with no problems. It's currently 9.40pm and I won't be able to post this until I have wifi in the morning but I'm waiting for my flight to kuala lumpur then Bali.

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)