Wednesday 5 July 2017

Psychology placement

My day started bright and early at 6am when my roommate took a shower, but it was nice as it meant I was more awake for yoga. Some of the others arrived early on Sunday so had met, but I went along with my roommate and we did an hour. It was a bit more intense than I expected but fun.

Afterwards we had a little break where we napped before breakfast in a big communal area where we talked to some Australians volunteering here. After breakfast we had an induction to the programme where we got to know each other a bit and found out what we'd be doing. Most people are english but there are people from the US and some Australians too. After the induction we had a break where we packed up our stuff, moved it into one room and had some lunch. Afterwards we got a bus to the city where we were spending the next 2 nights.

I slept for the whole 2 hour bus journey, waking up when we arrived at NIMHANS (national institute of mental health and neuroscience). We had a 2 hour session getting an introduction to the centre and their work, before heading to our hotel to check in. It was really nice; comfy beds (I haven't had a mattress in weeks), wifi, air con and a tv. We had a bit of time before meeting to go to dinner. It was raining a lot and we went to a place that did western food. People are not on a budget like mine and were splashing out on loads of food and alcohol and I was trying to eat for under £4. Unfortunately the tax was split between all of us so I ended up paying almost the same in tax as my meal cost...

Afterwards we headed back to the hotel in tuk tuks before showering (in hot water!!) and going to bed.

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)