Thursday 6 July 2017



I'm not used to the early mornings and my 7.10 alarm was not very welcome. However the hotel buffet breakfast with dosas made to order brightened my mood a bit! We set off in tuk tuks around 8.45 to go to NIMHANS. We had a full day of lectures, learning about mental health care in india, the services provided by the centre, the cultural barriers etc. It was really interesting and we had regular breaks for tea and snacks (they loooove to feed us lol). We finished at 4 and headed back to the hotel.

We met at 5.30 for an optional trip to the botanical gardens. I'm really glad I went as it was so pretty! It's nice to see calm and greenery in the middle of a busy city. Afterwards we got tuk tuks into town to meet the others in a shopping mall. The westernness of the trip is annoying me a bit as the mall didn't even have Indian food an everyone headed to pizza Hut. A few of us went to the food court where I had a subway salad, fries and vegan ice cream- so not like I went cultural either, but who wants to spend 2 hours in a western mall?? I don't get it but I think again it's probably just due to my lack of budget at this stage!
Some people stayed on to go out for drinks but I decided not to and got a tuk tuk back to the hotel. My room mate went out and it was actually so nice to have a room to myself for a bit; the only other time I have in the last 5 weeks was the one night in Singapore. I did a workout, did some washing and took a long shower. Sounds very boring but it was nice. I packed up all my stuff and got into bed ready for another early start.

Laura x





No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)