Saturday 14 July 2018

Snorkelling trip and Meg is discharged

Katie and I woke up at 8.45 ready for our 10am snorkeling trip. After getting ready in our dark room I headed to the beach to fill up our water bottles at a machine. As I got back to reception I saw katie sat there, who told me that meg had been discharged! At the same time as I got wifi I learnt that mollie had been told she may need another week in hospital, which seemed so strange that they'd need such different length stays for the same condition. Given the slight dodginess of the hospital meg was in we were a little uncertain that her coming back to the island which has no healthcare on was necessarily a good idea, but she seemed adamant, and so katie paid to use her phone for another day so that while we were on the trip we'd still be able to stay in contact with meg to know her plans.

We boarded the boat and headed off to our first stop. We did about 5 in total and they were all amazing; such clear water with sooo many fish; it looked just like when I went scuba diving. At one stop we saw baby sharks- I'm pretty sure they're harmless but I screamed anyway, and we also saw a sea turtle! Definitely a highlight for me, and I swam down to see it properly. It was huge! At one stop we threw bread into the water for the fish who loved it and went crazy, it was so funny! And we also had a stop at a fishermen's village where we got lunch, the sea was absolutely beautiful!





We arrived back on solid land just after 4, which came as a relief as I had started to feel very boat sick towards the end! Meg was on the beach where we got off the boat, and we met her and walked back to the hostel discussing her time in hospital. After a quick change and moisturise we headed out for food. Katie opted for a local dish and meg and I shared a veggie curry and I got a side salad which were nice, and we used the restaurant's wifi for a while before heading down to the resort with the outdoor cinema screen. We watched Wonder which was okay, headed to the beach to fill our water bottles and then went to bed.

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)